Planning Your First Cruise – 6 Savings Strategies
I’m Planning My First Cruise? And I don’t want to break the bank…. How can I save?
Don’t panic, it’s not as bad or as expensive as you think! But I’m sure you want to get the best bang for your buck, right? Well consider these 6 saving strategies and tips when planning your cruise.
Your destination, cabin selection, cruise length are the major considerations affecting prices, so once you have that down consider these 6 saving tips for your cruise.
1. Book early to save on fares. Carnival Cruise Lines are known for their early-saver fares, which are a great value, but these are typically non-refundable.
2. Book late if you are flexible and can take off a few weeks before the cruise. If the cruise is not sold out you can experience a 75% or more savings on your cruise fare. Disclaimer: Discounts on cruises do not include discounts on taxes and fees. So if you are offered one of those "Free" incentive cruise, you will have to pay the taxes and fees.
3. Travel with a companion. Cruise fares are based on double occupancy so if you travel alone, you may have to eat the cost for two people
4. Book your next cruise when you are on your cruise. Ships offer discounts and ship credit if you book your next cruise vacation while onboard the ship.
5. Compare your cruise vacation vs. a land vacation. Once you assess how much it would cost for hotel, entertainment, meals, transportation, activities;;you see that the your cruise cost is not so bad after all!
6. Consult a travel agent to help you get the best savings. There should not be a cost for this nor is there a cost added to your vacation package (commissions are already built-in to the price of the cruise that is given from the cruise line. So if your agent says that there is an additional fee, find another agent). You can always use the information they give you and book online
If money is no object, have fun, it’s your vacation so make it the best vacation experience ever! Have fun, and relax! Oh and don’t overpack… this can be a great savings to.. Baggage fees are getting out of control.
Natalie owns a full-service online travel agency. She loves to travel and share her travel tips and business with like-minded travel enthusiasts. Her part-time travel business is one that is near and dear to my heart. She also shares with others how they to can own their own online travel business and get paid when they travel. Learn more about it at www.1stStateTravel.biz